Principal Solutions Architect
Ozow is the future of payment as we know it. An oh-so (or Ozow) easy, automated and ultra-secure EFT solution that helps customers pay in just a few seconds, merchants can initiate Ozow payments through a variety of payment platforms, such as SMS, eCommerce, eBilling, QR Code and instore Point-of-Sale (POS).
Ozow is bringing commerce to a wider audience, promoting financial inclusion, and innovating for our customers. Paying with us is Ozow easy, Ozow fast and Ozow trusted!
The Principal Solutions Architect reports into the Chief Technology Officer and needs to have strong experience in application development fundamentals and the construction of scalable, secure, and maintainable solutions. This person analyses, designs, and oversees new product development and major modifications to existing software to improve the overall efficiencies of product offerings.
As one of Ozow’s esteemed developers, you would be working in an agile environment with a contribution to the product roadmap. You will need to provide technical leadership to a team of developers focused on application development and R&D. The environment is entrepreneurial with a start-up culture, where everyone engages in the product development cycle.
You’ll need to bring your skills to the table so that the team can collectively benefit from your input. To do so, you should have a track record of designing and implementing best of breed solutions and owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects. You will work cross-organisationally and develop a deep level of expertise in the application domain, and help design and construct solutions to the problems our customers are facing, as well as improve the current solution.
- Understand the application and disseminate knowledge
- Contribute and guide discussions with internal stakeholders and external customers
- Provide lasting technical guidance to the development team and the product owner on how pieces will fit together.
- Possess customer facing skills that will allow them to represent Ozow well within a customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, and risk mitigation
- Demonstrate the ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Be able to identify patterns and trends and gain knowledge quickly and grasp concepts fast
- Provide in-depth analysis of problems and proposes solutions
- Make time to review projects, to identify and learn from successes and failures
- Seek out advice from peers and skills networks to arrive as high-quality decisions
- Support others, even when they have made mistakes
- Identify and action training needs (own and others)
- Support the business development team to help formulate a strategy to improve and help the adoption of Ozow solutions.
- Guide customers and development teams to ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services to make best use of our unique products.
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for security, scalability, and extensibility – but most of all, that they solve the problem at hand.
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge with the entire business, across technical topics and uses of our products.
- Author or otherwise contribute to customer-facing publications such as whitepapers.
- Work with agile coaches and other technical leads to drive architectural changes in current and future projects
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within our customers' organisations to enable them to be Ozow advocates.
- Act as a technical liaison between customers, engineering teams and the support team.
- Standardise technologies, approaches, and architectures across teams
- Liaise with agile coaches, product owners, and development team leads in order to resolve team impediments
- Constantly keep up to date with emerging trends and practices in the relevant fields
- Regularly report to the Chief Technology Officer on issue status and progress on change initiatives
- Be the thought leader in technology initiatives, have a good understanding of both technical and business value.
- Be the owner for technical features of the products, such APIs
- Bachelor’s in computer science degree, with preference to a masters/PhD
- Experience working with agile methodologies – a true believer.
- 10+ years of experience in the software development field
- Proven work experience (5+ years) as a Solutions Architect Strong leadership and software development background
- Out of the box solutions-driven thinking skills
- Excellent conflict management skills - where there is disagreement facilitates discussion to negotiate a way forward
- A good understanding of own culture, own body language and impact on other cultures; perceptive about other people
- Ability to treat everyone with respect irrespective of their level, background, or discipline and profession
- A realistic approach about own and others’ capabilities – be humble
Adaptability - makes significant changes in their your own area to meet strategic needs
- Excellent technical knowledge and a thirst for learning
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Tenacity and drive
- Excellent understanding of the principals of design of API’s, web-based technologies, patterns that enable security, scalability, and resiliency
- Working knowledge of cloud-native architectures and knowledge of modern programming languages is a must
- A proven track record of the design and implementation of future-thinking, ground-breaking projects.
We are a team who support each other through this journey with respect and dignity no matter our background or where we from. We do not discriminate, exclude, or speak poorly of others.
We uplift and value our relationships by being courteous, kind and considerate. We deliver honestly on our commitments. We own our actions, and we accept accountability for our decisions. We are open to new opportunities and new learnings. There is so much more to explore. Together we combine our knowledge and efforts, encouraging creativity into building the Unicorn we aspire to be. Through persistence, commitment, grit, endurance and hard work, we strive to give out our best selves in the most passionate sense because we know that the effort, we put in today will get us closer to our achievements tomorrow.
The Benefit of joining our 'Ozow Amazing' Team is that you get to experience vibrant growth firsthand. Come and be part of this highly energetic, enthusiastic, positive team whose sole focus is on growth, growing personally as individuals, locally and globally as a trendsetter. We are big into a healthy and balanced lifestyle by encouraging healthy diets and activity.
Have an Ozow amazing day!