Lead Digital UI Designer - Job Description
If you are looking at joining one of South Africa’s fastest growing Fintech company’s, look no further because Ozow is hiring. We're looking for a curious, passionate and creative Lead Digital UI Designer ready to provide inspirational design and UX within our company.
Ozow is a simple, real-time EFT payment solution, that allows the consumer access to make secure,
instant payments directly into a merchant's bank account. This payment gateway facilitates transactions
via eCommerce, mobile, eBilling and in-store transactions.
What we need from you
We are looking for a Lead Digital UI Designer to join our Ozow family. The Lead Digital UI Designer produces and oversees our web and digital presence and print creative solutions to address our marketing needs. To be successful in this role, you should have in-depth knowledge of graphic design, styles and layout techniques. You should also have experience executing marketing projects from conception to production, including websites, brochures, and product packaging.
Ultimately, you will ensure the design team promotes our brand by delivering high-quality pieces on tight deadlines.
What the job entails...
- Oversee all design projects, from conception to delivery
- Design original pieces, including illustrations and infographics
- Review junior designers’ work to ensure high quality
- Refine images, fonts and layouts using graphic design software
- Apply typography techniques
- Generate ideas to portray concepts and advertise products/services
- Increase user-friendliness in digital products
- Maintain brand consistency throughout all our marketing projects
- Liaise with marketing and design teams to ensure deadlines are met
- Stay up-to-date with industry developments and tools
- Min. 5 Years’ Experience
- Proven work experience as a Senior Designer, Graphic Designer or similar role
- Portfolio of completed design projects
- BSc degree in Design, Visual Arts or relevant field
- Hands-on experiences with image editing software, like Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Proficient in design software
Strong aesthetic skills with the ability to combine various colors, fonts and layouts
- Attention to visual details
- Ability to meet deadlines and collaborate with a team
- Works to enhance Ozow's reputation e.g. through maximizing sales opportunities
- Makes persuasive high-level presentations
- Good understanding of own culture, own body language and impact on other cultures; perceptive about hidden agendas
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with aptitude in building relationships with professionals of all organization levels
- Able to manage to multitask work in a strong-paced environment
- Ability to mentor and supervise staff
- Able to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with people in course of work
- Strengthens team by incorporating specialists e.g. identified through Ozow People
- Deals with people issues fairly and consistently
- Able to work alone on a broad variety of projects
- Willingness to work additional hours in order to meet tight deadlines
- Switches quickly between different levels of thinking to be able to stand back and see the big picture
- Makes significant changes in own area to meet strategic needs
- Good understanding of the organization
- Ability to keep up to date with new concepts, techniques, tools, and technologies
The Benefits of joining Ozow is that you get to experience vibrant growth first hand. Come and be part of this highly energetic, enthusiastic, positive team whose sole focus is on growth, growing personally as individuals and locally and globally as a trendsetter. We are big into a healthy and balanced lifestyle by encouraging healthy diets and activity.
Come and join in the fun with us! *