Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
Ozow is the future of payment as we know it. An oh-so (or Ozow) easy, automated and ultra-secure EFT solution that helps customers pay in just a few seconds, merchants can initiate Ozow payments through a variety of payment platforms, such as SMS, eCommerce, eBilling, QR Code and instore Point-of-Sale (POS).
Ozow is bringing commerce to a wider audience, promoting financial inclusion and innovating for our customers. Paying with us is Ozow easy, Ozow fast and Ozow trusted!
As a senior business intelligence engineer at Ozow, you will drive the overall growth of a fast upcoming multi-billion Rands business by developing intelligent ways to identify catalysts for payment success on Ozow. The role will leverage a wide variety of disciplines, including analytics, machine learning, data engineering and SQL development. As one example, priority #1 for the role is developing a model that will identify what activities payer engage in and what other behaviour patterns make or break their success on Ozow. This project would involve setting-up a Redshift cluster, ingesting large volumes of data, partnering and learning from other teams at Ozow, building out an analytics model, and implementing a test and learn approach.
We will strongly favour natural leaders who have good instincts about data, right a lot, sweat the details, and are naturally curious.
• Partner with functional leads to understand their data and reporting requirements, and translating them into definitions and technical specifications (PRD)
• Be responsible for defining, developing and optimizing curated datasets and schemas with standardized metrics and definitions across the company
• Develop, deploy and maintain ETL jobs and visualizations
• Work closely with technical partners in the data platform engineering team on designing and developing robust data structures and highly reliable data pipelines
• Troubleshoot technical issues with platforms, data discrepancies, alerts etc
• Perform ad hoc analysis, insight requests, and data extractions to resolve critical business issues
•Establish a fully-fledged AI (artificial intelligence) driven environment set on predictive analytic to fully assist monthly reporting requirement of the Sales, Key Accounts Management and Finance departments
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, statistics or related field • 2+ years demonstrated experience in a data-centric function
• Expert in SQL
• Experience working with big data
• Experience with Machine-Learning and/or Statistics
• Experience with BI tools, like Tableau, Quicksight or Microstrategy.
• Experience working with AWS big data technologies (Redshift, S3, EMR)
We are a team who support each other through this journey with respect and dignity no matter our background or where we from. We do not discriminate, exclude, or speak poorly of others. We uplift and value our relationships by being courteous, kind and considerate
We deliver honestly on our commitments. We own our actions, and we accept accountability for our decisions. We are open to new opportunities and new learnings. There is so much more to explore. Together we combine our knowledge and efforts, encouraging creativity into building the Unicorn we aspire to be. Through persistence, commitment, grit, endurance and hard work, we strive to give out our best selves in the most passionate sense because we know that the effort, we put in today will get us closer to our achievements tomorrow.
The Benefit of joining our 'Ozow Amazing' Team is that you get to experience vibrant growth first hand. Come and be part of this highly energetic, enthusiastic, positive team whose sole focus is on growth, growing personally as individuals, locally and globally as a trendsetter.
We are big into a healthy and balanced lifestyle by encouraging healthy diets and activity.
Have an Ozow amazing day!
Your application was submitted successfully.