Office Administrator - Job Description
A fantastic new opportunity has opened in our Johannesburg office for an Office Administrator. This role is perfect for an experienced individual who wants to supercharge their career by experiencing first-hand what it is like to be part of an energetic, extremely fast-growing company.
Ozow is a simple, real-time EFT payment solution, that allows the consumer access to make secure,
instant payments directly into a merchant's bank account. This payment gateway facilitates transactions via eCommerce, mobile, eBilling and in-store transactions.
What we need from you
We are looking for an Office Administrator to provide support to our Johannesburg team by effectively managing schedules and performing a wide variety of responsible, complex and confidential administrative, secretarial, analytical and research duties. Duties performed require considerable confidentiality, initiative, tact, and mature and independent judgment. This role requires qualities such as adaptability, flexibility, dependability, and accountability. Much of the work is self-appointed and requires a high degree of professional independence, initiative and self-discipline.
What the job entails
- Provide administrative, organizational and scheduling structure and support.
- Confirm meetings scheduled ahead of time.
- Book, arrange and verify all travel, transport, and accommodation.
- Organize and schedule events.
- Remind Ozow executives of important tasks and deadlines.
- Keep the Ozow Executives informed of any matters arising.
- Type, quality check, compile and prepare reports, presentations and correspondence.
- Prepare a variety of reports including minutes and actions of meetings.
- Maintain databases and filing systems.
- Implement and maintain relevant company procedures and administrative systems.
- Liaise with staff and suppliers, order and organize office requirements.
- Collate, monitor, submit and file expense claims and invoices as per prescribed company procedures.
- Conduct research and provide information in a presentable format.
- Organising Executive team's personal commitments and assist with ad-hoc requests.
- Monitor and maintain the asset register .
- Organise and manage health and safety requirements.
- Follow up on all inquiries, communications and requests.
- Welcome guests.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are a representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Administrative Office Specialist, Matric and Diploma or degree in Business administration (NQF5) or equivalent plus five (5) years of secretarial and administrative work experience, including at least three (3) years providing support to executive level management.
- Knowledge of modern methods of office administration; business correspondence formatting; proper telephone etiquette; proper English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation; time management, medium to large company structure and functioning, Sound know-how of e-commerce; health and safety; company procedure and project management
- Some understanding of sound governance.
- Highly proficient computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and e-mail applications
- Exemplary team assistance and service skills including the ability to identify needs, provide a prompt response, and exercise patience, respect and professionalism in all interactions.
- Skill in independently prioritizing, planning, coordinating, organizing, leading and monitoring multiple organizational projects of a complex nature simultaneously and quickly adapting to changes in time frames.
- Skill in communicating effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Skill in researching and analyzing issues and offering creative solutions.
- Highly effective organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to use initiative and independent judgment within established policies and procedural guidelines.
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion in preparing, handling and disclosing information of a confidential, controversial and/or sensitive nature.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of the organization and the public.
- Ability to anticipate the Executive's needs and be prepared with answers/details.
- Ability to manage projects and work through all of the details, keeping Executive informed.
- Ability to analyze and resolve office administration and procedural problems.
- Ability to interpret and implement policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, interpret and present information efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to perform research and prepare reports and recommendations based on findings.
- Ability to effectively respond in a calm and effective manner to a variety of demands and projects.
- Ability to stay alert and sustain effectiveness through antisocial hours in times of emergencies or conflicting deadlines/work under pressure
The Benefits of joining Ozow is that you get to experience vibrant growth first hand. Come and be part of this highly energetic, enthusiastic, positive team whose sole focus is growth, growing personally as individuals, locally and globally as a trendsetter. We are big into a healthy and balanced lifestyle by encouraging healthy diets and activity.
Come and join in the fun with us!