Performance Marketing Lead
Ozow is the future of payment — a world-class payment platform for customers and merchants that is Ozow easy, Ozow fast and Ozow secure. With benefits as big as our ambitions, we’re looking for candidates who can inspire us and be inspired by us. We’re striving to become the industry leader that provides the simplest and easiest way to pay. And while we’re on our way to building an inclusive payments market, we’re building an equally inclusive workforce. So, join us as we achieve big things and beyond.
More about this Ozow fantastic position
As the Performance Marketing Lead you will be responsible for planning, implementing, and optimising display, search, and video campaigns. This role requires the ability to operate on both a strategic and tactical level – from planning to implementation to reporting.
You will partner with Ozow's internal teams (Project Management, Creative, Strategy, Account Management) to:
- Manage and optimise media buys (including digital display, search, social, mobile, etc.)
- Monitor the evolving media landscape and help develop best practices for the company
- Develop a deep knowledge of all media platforms including Google Search, Google Display, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Programmatic, and other premium media providers
You are an ideal candidate if:
- Minimum 5 years of experience with pay-per-click (PPC) search engine, display, social media, video, and mobile advertising and analytics
- Ability to analyse data and trends in order to continually optimize media campaigns for efficient ROI
- Strong experience with Google Adwords – annual certifications required
- Facebook Blueprint – ongoing learning
- Strong experience with social ad platforms such as but not limited to Facebook, TikTok, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter
- Expert understanding of Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- Detailed report creation for paid campaigns
- Able to build compelling reports detailing campaign successes, ROI, and learnings
Your roles and responsibilities
- Working with the internal teams to understand campaign goals and target market
- Presenting proposals/strategies and media schedules to relevant stakeholders
- Planning, designing, and building paid search, social, display and video campaigns across multiple platforms
- Handling the buying & negotiating of media across various vendors for campaigns – ensure best rates negotiated on behalf of the company
- Monitoring and managing multiple client campaigns
- Proactively expanding and improving campaigns based on business needs / KPIs
- Providing regular and ad-hoc reporting and analysis on campaigns – presenting reports & media performance to business when required – excellent interpersonal skills is very important
- Working with / training junior team members to help upskill the media team
- Staying up-to-date on latest platform changes, new channels, media landscape and best practises – share knowledge and best practise with the team
- Representing Ozow and the Marketing team at industry events
- Actively identify areas for business growth & media opportunities to help drive revenue
Your skills and experience
- Analytical. You are able to structure and process qualitative and quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. You exhibit a probing mind and achieve deep insights.
- Efficient. You are able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Organised. You plan, organise, schedule, and budget in an efficient, productive manner. You focus on key priorities.
- Follow-through on commitments. You live up to verbal and written agreements, regardless of personal cost.
- Highly attentive to detail. You do not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Enthusiastic. You exhibit passion and excitement over work. You have a can-do attitude.
- A hard worker. You possess a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done. You have a track record of working hard.
- A team player. You reach out to peers and cooperate with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Flexible/ adaptable. You adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. You cope effectively with complexity and change.
- Entrepreneurial. You have experience creating new value within the business.
Health and safety first
These are unprecedented times and because our people couldn’t be more important to us, health and safety couldn’t be more important to us. We’ve made sure that our office is a safe place to work and we’ll continue to do so, to ensure that we combat the spread of COVID-19..
Benefits as big as our ambitions — huge
At Ozow, first and foremost, you’ll get to do meaningful work and grow your career. But we’re also not your average 9-5 company. We work together and play together and because we really care, we offer plenty of perks too.
Some of the things to look forward to:
Fitness challenges and healthy eating. Medical and Life insurance plans. Be the hero or toast the hero of the month at first-Friday drinks. Take half a day off from work on your birthday and let us celebrate this special day with you by giving you a little spoil. Your family is our family, they to get spoils and get to join us on special events. Our holistic wellness program will give you access to a toll-free confidential telephonic counselling line which is available in all 11 languages, 365 days a year. We thrive on seeing our team members grow by creating a learning culture. There is so much more where this came from, but enough to get you excited.
Convinced? We thought so.
If we seem like the kind of forward-thinking, progress-making, energetic company you’ve been waiting for, give us a shout. We’d love to hear from you.