Product Owner - Job Description
There’s an exciting new job opening at Ozow for an experienced Product Owner. Do you have what it takes? Get in touch today!
Ozow is a young, exciting company which continues to reach new heights and the opportunities for growth are endless. We have a number of new projects we are eager to get off the ground and need your experience and expertise to make it happen.
If you are looking for a fast-paced environment where your input is valued and makes a difference, then embark on a journey of a lifetime with the Ozow team.
Ozow is a simple to use, real-time EFT payment solution, that allows the consumer access to make secure,
instant payments directly into a merchant's bank account. This payment gateway facilitates transactions via eCommerce, mobile, e-Billing and in-store transactions.
What the job entails
- Managing product/proposition design and timely development throughout the organisation's teams
- Driving product/ proposition objectives with supporting initiatives
- Assist in marketing and sales requirements to brand, comms and sales to achieve and maintain product objectives
- Leading product strategy development, commercial activity and business case development approval
- Developing in-depth knowledge of competitive products, strengths and weaknesses, global and local product/proposition best practices and current product/proposition consumer trends.
- Leading product/proposition research initiatives
- Leading stakeholder management internally and externally
- Establishing and manage product/ proposition performance metrics
- Managing activities to meet the financial targets of the products and services that have P&L objectives
- Working closely with an agile development team
Quite a lot to get a handle on, but if they form a part of your personality, it’ll be a breeze!
- Appropriate Degree
- Knowledge of the product lifecycle, with at least 5 years of product experience in a digital or payments environment
- Demonstrated project management ability for a single product or a set of products.
- Strong functional product knowledge
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to lead a team
- Someone who is well organised and has a proven track record in an end to end product development and product maintenance
- A thorough understanding of the payments industry and digital products
- Attention to detail
- The ability to translate between functional requirements and technical requirements
- Ability to build relationships easily
- Goal oriented and performance driven
- Customer service orientation
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
The Benefits of joining Ozow is that you get to experience vibrant growth first hand. Come and be part of this highly energetic, enthusiastic, positive team with a sole focus on growth - personally as individuals, and locally and globally as a trendsetter. We are big into a healthy and balanced lifestyle by encouraging healthy diets and activity. By joining Ozow, you will further be part of weekly, monthly and annual recognition awards.
Come and join in the fun with us! *