Personal Assistant to CEO
A fantastic new opportunity has opened in our Cape Town office for a Personal Assistant to the CEO. This role is perfect for an experienced individual who wants to supercharge their career by experiencing first-hand what it is like to be part of an energetic, extremely fast-growing company.
Ozow is a simple, real-time EFT payment solution, that allows the consumer access to make secure,
instant payments directly into a merchant's bank account. This payment gateway facilitates transactions via eCommerce, mobile, eBilling and in-store transactions.
What we need from you
We are looking for a PA to provide support to the CEO by effectively managing schedules and performing a wide variety of responsible, complex and confidential administrative, secretarial, analytical and research duties. Duties performed require considerable confidentiality, initiative, tact, and mature and independent judgment. This role requires qualities such as adaptability, flexibility, dependability and accountability. Much of the work is self-appointed and requires a high degree of professional independence, initiative and self-discipline.
What the job entails
- Provide administrative, organizational and scheduling structure and support
- Prepare a variety of reports, including attending meetings to gather information
- Conducting internet and other research, writing first drafts, and producing computer graphics.
- Prepare a variety of documents, requisitions, purchase orders, resolutions and other correspondence.
- Review and summarize miscellaneous reports and documents, and prepare background documents are necessary.
- Initiate and respond to written and verbal correspondence, including composition, editing and distribution.
- Create and maintain a system for organizing and storing both electronic and hard-copy information and records, and implement record retention policies and procedures.
- Follow up on sensitive complaints and inquiries.
- Operate, maintain and keep abreast with use of a variety of modern office equipment and programs, including computers, communication/recording equipment, storage systems and media.
- Act as liaison between Executive and managers or the internal and external stakeholders including the public and represent and communicate issues and directives.
- Maintain appointment schedules and calendars, provide reminders as appropriate, and coordinate travel arrangements.
- Coordinate and organize meetings, including notification to prospective attendees, set-up, pre- and post-meeting correspondence, meeting minutes and records, and any required follow up.
- Receive and screen communications to the Executive including telephone calls, mail and email messages, and provide assistance using independent judgment to determine those requiring priority attention; research and respond to communications as appropriate.
- Provide information to other business units or departments, internal and external parties and organizations, committees involving specialized and technical subject matter.
- Follow up on assignments given to management staff and provide status reports to Executive.
- Participating in management contract negotiation strategy planning meetings, preparing draft proposals for management, providing clerical support during contract negotiation sessions, and following up on items discussed as appropriate.
- Monitor work sites to ensure compliance with established methods, guidelines, standards and procedures.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Administrative Office Specialist, Matric and Diploma in Business administration (NQF5) or equivalent plus five (5) years of progressively responsible secretarial and administrative work experience, including at least three (3) years providing support to executive level management.
- Knowledge of modern methods of office administration; business correspondence formatting; proper telephone etiquette; proper English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation; medium to large company structure and functioning; Sound know-how of e-commerce; health and safety; company procedure and project management
- Some understanding of corporate governance.
- Highly proficient computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and e-mail applications
- Exemplary customer service skills including the ability to identify needs, provide a prompt response, and exercise patience, respect and professionalism in all interactions.
- Skill in independently prioritizing, planning, coordinating, organizing, leading and monitoring multiple organizational projects of a complex nature simultaneously and quickly adapting to changes in time frames.
- Skill in communicating effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Skill in researching and analyzing issues and offering creative solutions.
- Highly effective organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to use initiative and independent judgment within established policies and procedural guidelines.
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion in preparing, handling and disclosing information of a confidential, controversial and/or sensitive nature.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of the organization and the public.
- Ability to anticipate the Executive's needs and be prepared with answers/details.
- Ability to manage projects and work through all of the details, keeping Executive informed.
- Ability to analyze and resolve office administration and procedural problems.
- Ability to interpret and implement policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, interpret and present information efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to perform research and prepare reports and recommendations based on findings.
- Ability to effectively respond in a calm and effective manner to a variety of demands and projects.
- Ability to stay alert and sustain effectiveness through antisocial hours in times of emergencies or conflicting deadlines/work under pressure
The Benefits of joining Ozow is that you get to experience vibrant growth first hand. Come and be part of this highly energetic, enthusiastic, positive team whose sole focus is growth, growing personally as individuals, locally and globally as a trendsetter. We are big into a healthy and balanced lifestyle by encouraging healthy diets and activity.
Come and join in the fun with us!