Executive Management Assistant to CEO - Job Description
Are you a results-driven, unstoppable Go-Getter?
If yes, join South Africa’s leading payment gateway provider. We are seeking an Executive Assistant to report to our CEO.
Ozow is a simple, real-time EFT payment solution, that allows the consumer access to make secure, instant payments directly into a merchant's bank account. This payment gateway facilitates transactions via eCommerce, mobile, eBilling, and in-store transactions.
What we need from you?
The Executive Management Assistant will provide a strictly private and confidential executive assistant role to the Chief Executive Officer of Ozow, be the proverbial right hand of the CEO, providing individualized support to high-level Executives. The incumbent will manage the CEO’s workload, assist him in his tasks on hand and act as the gatekeeper to him.
- Business Development Leader
- Ozow People
- Key Accounts
- External Business Partners
Duties & Responsibilities
- Strategically manage the CEO’s office across key stakeholders.
- Optimise time management and availability to support the CEO by effective diary management; Ensure effective forward planning of the CEO’s day to day activities to ensure optimal time utilisation
- Ensure effective management and support of office, administrative and other relevant activities
- Perform professional communication tasks efficiently; writing professional emails; answering calls and liaising with clients competently;
- Respond to emails on behalf of the CEO in a timely and professional manner, both orally and in writing.
- Data champion for the CEO with an analytical mindset. Preparing and reviewing documents and presentations on the CEO’s behalf
- Assisting the CEO with ever-changing strategic projects. Managing project-based tasks to ensure the CEO meets his deadlines, assisting with tracking priorities and metrics. Support the Chief Executive in his projects, proposals, etc. through research, consultation, team-management
- Preparing agendas and taking minutes for Board and Executive meetings
- Gathering, compiling and preparing of reports, stats and presentation for the CEO
- Display an up to date knowledge of the Company and all relevant functions; Understand the company’s vision, mission, and strategy; understand business’ objectives and sets/accomplishes individual performance goals accordingly.
- Ensure effective updating of own knowledge of systems and processes in order to develop, maintain and review administration systems to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Contribute to optimising work practices and procedures via suggestions and feedback
- Effectively build, maintain and manage relationships with staff, colleagues, peers and external business partners by liaising positively and professionally.
- Facilitate accessibility of the CEO to staff and key business contacts, ensure interactions are of professional nature. Act as a point of contact between CEO, executives and other stakeholders where necessary
- Support the CEO by assisting and resolving staff queries and problems where possible
- To provide a comprehensive management assistant and administration service to the Chief Executive across the range of his work
- To coordinate staff meetings
- Prepare expense reports and reconciliation statements. Reviews and approves, within delegated parameters, expense reports of others
- To be responsible for receiving enquiries
- To maintain and continuously keep up to date all the Company’s mailing lists
- Commit to working proactively to support both the team and project output
- To be amiable, professional and approachable at all times
- Maintaining complex filing systems and databases
- Any other duties commensurate with the accountabilities of the post, Attend to all ad-hoc admin duties.
Knowledge & Experience Skills
- Minimum 3 years of previous experience as an Executive Management Assistant for a CEO in a corporate environment – preference for someone who has managed multiple executives at once.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a postgraduate business management qualification is required.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal/written) achieved whilst supporting a senior level team
- Experience in the preparation and editing of Board papers and associated documents
- Experience of reviewing budgets and identifying variances
- Excellent interpersonal skills to be able to liaise effectively at all levels
- Confident, assertive whilst maintaining confidentiality and discretion
- Methodical and pragmatic approach to working
- Experience with managing confidential information with the highest integrity
- Superior verbal and written communication skills; willingness to assist in writing business and/or client related documents. Ability to draft clear and focused letters and reports.
- Experience coordinating with internal and external executive-level staff to accomplish moderately complex activities, such as scheduling, identifying outside speakers; developing agendas for high-level meetings.
- Ability to research independently, multi-task, and meet deadlines under tight timeframes
- Ability to work effectively in a work plan Driven / team environment
- Act as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies, including high-level staff such as CEO’s/COO's and executive team leaders. Handles confidential and non-routine information.
- Creates and designs general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs, business plans, etc. Proofreads copy for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes. Responsible for accuracy and clarity of final copy.
- Conserves Executive’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analysing information; initiating telecommunications.
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Able to prioritise own workloads and to be able to work on one’s own initiative
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office - Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
- Polite, professional, customer-oriented telephone manner
- Organised and methodical. Ability to multi-task.
- Excellent attention to detail, flexible, adaptable and prepared to be hands-on
- Client focussed
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Proven experience of working at an Executive Team level
- Experience in managing projects
- Knowledge of office and administrative procedures and processes
- Experience in producing effective minutes/agendas
Thinking & Decision Making
- Strong project management and time management
- Brings others in to contribute to solutions
- Makes time to review projects, to identify and learn from successes and problems
- Fosters the development of new ideas in others
- Seeks out advice from Ozow People / Skills Networks etc to arrive at high-quality decisions.
- Ability to negotiate contribution agreement and contracts.
- Works to enhance Ozow's reputation e.g. through maximizing sales opportunities
- Makes persuasive high-level presentations
- Good understanding of own culture, own body language and impact on other cultures; perceptive about hidden agendas
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with aptitude in building relationships with professionals of all organization levels
Teamwork & Leadership
- Able to manage to multitask work in a strong-paced environment
- Ability to mentor and supervise staff
- Able to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with people in course of work
- Strengthens team by incorporating specialists e.g. identified through Ozow People
- Deals with people issues fairly and consistently
Planning & Organising
- Willingness to work additional hours in order to meet tight deadlines
- Switches quickly between different levels of thinking to be able to stand back and see the big picture
- Makes significant changes in own area to meet strategic needs
- Good understanding of the organization
- Ability to keep up to date with new concepts, techniques, tools and technologies
The Benefit of joining our 'Ozow Amazing' Team is that you get to experience vibrant growth first hand. Come and be part of this highly energetic, enthusiastic, positive team whose sole focus is on growth, growing personally as individuals, locally and globally as a trendsetter. We are big into a healthy and balanced lifestyle by encouraging healthy diets and activity.
Come and join in the fun with us!