Chief Marketing Officer - Job Description
I-Pay who is one of South Africa’s leading payment gateway providers are seeking the best “ Chief Marketing Officer ” in Africa to provide strategic leadership and guidance to the marketing and sales teams located across South Africa and the SADC regions whilst improving brand positioning and increasing revenue through the creation, implementation and execution of innovative and tactical marketing objectives, methods, policies and activities.
i-Pay is a simple, real-time EFT payment solution, that allows the consumer access to make secure, instant payments directly into a merchant's bank account. This payment gateway facilitates transactions via eCommerce, mobile, eBilling and in-store transactions.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Required:-
What we need from you:
- Relevant Bachelor's Degree is essential.
- 10 years of marketing experience in a leading prior company (Software and Financial Technology industry is preferred).
- 3 years of leadership experience managing a team of direct reports.
What the job entails but you probably know this already…
- Manage all aspects of marketing planning, budgeting, metrics and reporting.
- Create, implement and ensure the successful execution of high level marketing plans and brand strategies whilst aligning these to institutional plans and objectives.
- Facilitate and drive the sales and marketing strategy to increase revenue, reduce costs and mitigate risks.
- Guide marketing related activities to ensure brand building positioning and awareness across all aspects of the marketing mix.
- Lead marketing communication across various channels and market segments.
- Oversee the use of lead-tracking systems and management processes to ensure demand creation and lead generation.
- Oversee and leverage brand building and positioning through digital and social media platforms.
- Implement and leverage the latest marketing tools and technologies.
- Engage in critical market and competitive research to segment and define target markets, refine and improve the product value proposition and implement the best market-penetration strategy.
- Manage external agencies and relationships with marketing services and develop and maintain long-term relationships with industry thought-leaders, marketing associations and advisors.
- Ensure that the content for Radio, TV campaigns, Social Media, Digital and Print for SA and SADC regions are within statutory and legislative boundaries and demonstrate precision.
- Promote individual and departmental success and high performance through teamwork, motivation, professional development and leadership.
- Encourage institutional growth through the use of strategic and creative leadership, financial acumen and strong business intellect.
- An extensive understanding of traditional and innovative marketing, sales and communication strategies and methods.
- Competent in developing strategies in line with business requirements and identified targets.
- Demonstrate proficiency in market research, trend analysis, interpretation and reporting.
- You have excellent analytical and literacy skills as well as strong operational, project management and public-speaking skills.
- You understand:
- Changing market dynamics and are able to translate them into actionable strategies
- All aspects of material production for Radio, TV campaigns, Social Media, Digital and Print
- Development and implementation of social media plans
- How to engage the press and other related media outlets and stakeholders
- A proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office and desktop publishing programs.
- A high level of ethics and integrity.
- Target and deadline driven?
- Work well under pressure?
- Work in a dynamic environment and adapt to change?
- Able and keen to travel internationally?
The Benefits of joining i-Pay is that you get to experience vibrant growth first hand. Come and be part of this highly energetic, enthusiastic, positive team whose sole focus is on growth, growing personally as individuals, locally and globally as a trendsetter. We are big into a healthy and balanced lifestyle by encouraging healthy diets and activity. By joining i-Pay, you will further be part of weekly, monthly and annual recognition awards.
Come and join in the fun with us!