Senior Software Engineer - Job Description
Ozow is a young, exciting company which continues to reach new heights and the opportunities for growth are endless at this moment. We have several new projects that we are eager to get off the ground and we need your experience and expertise to make it happen.
If you are looking for a fast-paced environment where your input is valued and makes a difference, then embark on a journey of a lifetime with the rest of the Ozow team.
Ozow is a simple, real-time EFT payment solution, that allows the consumer access to make secure, instant payments directly into a merchant's bank account. This payment gateway facilitates transactions via eCommerce, mobile, eBilling, and in-store transactions.
What the job entails…
Ozow is looking for a Senior Software Engineer, to collaborate with other developers in writing well-designed, testable code. You will be working with a team of passionate technology professionals, developing with modern technologies and solving tough problems.
- Participate in requirements analysis
- Execute full software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Develop documentation throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Develop flowcharts, layouts, and documentation to identify requirements and solutions
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Collaborate with other professionals to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software or applications
- Use tools and methodologies to create representations for functions and user interface of desired product
- Write well-designed, testable code
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
- Comply with project plans and industry standards
- Assist with solving technical problems when they arise
- Ensure the implementation of agreed architecture and infrastructure
- Collaborate with internal teams to produce software design and architecture
- Write clean, scalable code using .NET programming languages
- Test and deploy applications and systems
- Revise, update, refactor and debug code
- Improve existing software
- Serve as an expert on applications and provide technical support
- Develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility
- Define all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards
- Communicate successfully all concepts and guidelines to the development team
- Oversee progress of the development team to ensure consistency with the initial design
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers
- Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc.
The nitty-gritty details. Let’s get this out the way and get this show on the road…
- Proven work experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer
- Ability to develop software in C#, PHP or other programming languages (polyglots preferred)
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases, SQL and ORM technologies (EF, NHibernate)
- Experience of NoSQL databases such as Redis, Riak, MongoDB, and others.
- Experience developing web applications, with a good understanding of how the web works
- Proven experience in high-scale applications and an understanding of the practices and approaches that are employed in scaling applications.
- Experience with test-driven development
- Must have an IT Diploma or Degree
- At least 5 years work-related experience
- Experience working with agile methodologies – a true believer.
The Benefit of joining our 'Ozow Amazing' Team is that you get to experience vibrant growth first hand. Come and be part of this highly energetic, enthusiastic, positive team whose sole focus is on growth, growing personally as individuals, locally and globally as a trendsetter. We are big into a healthy and balanced lifestyle by encouraging healthy diets and activity.
Come and join in the fun with us!