Technical Head Of Support - Job Description
If developing objectives for call centers day to day activities, problem-solving and analyzing on customers' technical issues is your game, join South Africa’s leading payment gateway provider. We are seeking a Technical Head Of Support in our Johannesburg office.
Ozow is a simple, real-time EFT payment solution, that allows the consumer access to make secure, instant payments directly into a merchant's bank account. This payment gateway facilitates transactions via eCommerce, mobile, eBilling, and in-store transactions.
What we need from you?
The Technical Head of support is responsible for creating policies and procedures for support staff. To ensure customers receive excellent and consistent service it is vital that all employees provide a high standard of assistance and handle issues in an efficient and friendly manner. The head of support must make sure the applicable staff know the policies and SLAs in place and adheres to them at all times. He/she is responsible for ensuring that there is enough support staff allocated during Ozow's support hours to handle the expected number of queries during that time. It is also their responsibility to ensure that all support staff is adequately trained and equipped to attend to support queries.
At Ozow, Head of Support leads by example and also carries out the duties of the support staff reporting to him/her. It is their responsibility to ensure the support queue is always under control and we strive to resolve majority issues within 30 minutes during normal support hours. Where issues are dependent on feedback from another department, the head of support continuously follows up and keeps the customer or merchant in the loop regardless of whether progress has been made on the issue.
Head of support proactively monitors support staff’s performance to ensure they are efficient and providing Ozow's customers and merchants with the best experience possible. It is their responsibility to swiftly take corrective action if a before a trend of poor performance develops into a habit and affects the company in a negative way. He/she must compile daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports which they present to management displaying low response times, high customer ratings and adherence not only to SLAs but also Ozow's high standard of customer service.
- Research Taking ownership of customer issues reported and see problems through to resolution.
- Managing incoming calls and customer service inquiries.
- Manage large amounts of incoming calls and tickets.
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time.
- Ensure all issues are properly logged.
- Identifying and assessing customers’ needs to achieve satisfaction.
- Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem.
- Follow up with clients to ensure their issue has been resolved.
- Following standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams.
- Ensure proper recording, documentation and closure.
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers.
- Prepare accurate and timely reports.
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals.
- Maintain good relationships with clients.
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines, and policies.
- Tracking, routing and redirecting problems to correct resources.
- Providing first level contact and convey resolutions to customer issues.
- Walk customers through problem-solving process.
- Utilise excellent customer service skills and exceed customers’ expectations.
- Researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting and identifying solutions to resolve system issues.
- Recommended procedure modifications or improvements.
- Preserve and grow your knowledge of help desk procedures, products, and services.
- Develop service procedures, policies, and standards
- Understanding various SLAs in place and ensuring that they are adhered to.
- Managing the support team and evaluating performance.
- Ensuring customer service is timely and accurate on a daily basis.
- Recruiting, training and supporting support staff.
- Establish best practices through the entire support process.
- Keep ahead of industry’s developments and apply best practices to areas of improvement.
- Engage and follow up with other departments and customers to identify possible areas for improvement.
- Develop daily, weekly and monthly reports on help desk team’s productivity.
- Provide customer feedback to the appropriate internal teams, like product developers.
- Create and manage support shifts and times and ensure that they are adhered to by the persons allocated to the relevant slots.
- Logs system faults and constantly follow up with development team regarding resolution where necessary.
- Keeps support bugs and stories prioritized according to business value, urgency, and commitment.
- Monitors system and transactions to ensure that the system is functioning correctly.
- Communicates any system issues with all relevant staff.
- Create and maintain FAQs.
- Implement and maintain self-help functionality to minimize the number of support queries created for common issues.
Skills and other requirements for this role
- Min 5 Years Experience
- Proven work experience as a Technical Support Manager, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician or similar role
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk software (eg. Zendesk)
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or relevant field
- Additional certification in Microsoft, Linux, Cisco or similar technologies is a plus
The Benefit of joining our 'Ozow Amazing' Team is that you get to experience vibrant growth first hand. Come and be part of this highly energetic, enthusiastic, positive team whose sole focus is on growth, growing personally as individuals, locally and globally as a trendsetter. We are big into a healthy and balanced lifestyle by encouraging healthy diets and activity.
Come and join in the fun with us!