Ozow is the future of payment — a world-class payment platform for customers and merchants that is Ozow easy, Ozow fast and Ozow secure. With benefits as big as our ambitions, we’re looking for candidates who can inspire us and be inspired by us. We’re striving to become the industry leader that provides the simplest and easiest way to pay. And while we’re on our way to building an inclusive payments market, we’re building an equally inclusive workforce. So, join us as we achieve big things and beyond.
More about this Ozow fantastic position
As a Digital Project Manager at Ozow you will convert our ambitious and creative digital ideas into actionable items that are executed on according to the plan laid out. You will work with Ozow’s online resources (including content such as videos, social media etc.) and our teams (designers, copywriters, web developers, etc.) to create engaging marketing campaigns.
This role is for you if you can breakdown complex ideas into well-defined tasks and are able to influence a broad set of stakeholders to meet budgets and deadlines. As a Digital Project Manager you’ll have to understand the data that drives our decision making, derive important insights, present plans for key improvements, and drive consensus for action.
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- A proven track record of 5+ years of experience in managing digital projects for a technology or digital agency business.
- A relevant degree.
- A qualification in Project Management such as PMP/Prince 2 or AGILE SCRUM/KANBAN (advantageous).
Your roles and responsibilities:
- Project planning and management: defining project scope; creating clear and concise plans; preparing and distributing progress reports; managing risks and dependencies; ensuring the project remains within its set budget and plan; prepare and monitor project schedules and budgets; assess and evaluate project success.
- Team management: schedule and lead project meetings; mentoring and developing other project office team members; holding teams accountable based on their commitment and timeously escalating issues if they arise; removing roadblocks; managing the capacity of the team; promoting empowerment of the team.
- Quality processes: ensuring that the project meets the quality standards expected by implementing and ensuring the effective use of a quality system.
- Stakeholder communication: responsible for managing internal and external stakeholder communications.
- Process management and improvement: defining and implementing best project management practices and processes; championing process improvement initiatives.
- Fiscal management: accountable for the most efficient use of marketing budgets and time allocated per team member.
Your skills and competencies:
- Copywriting and editing. You are confident in proofreading and editing content if needed.
- HTML/CSS. You have a working knowledge of these two languages.
- Social Media. You understand the content limitations of each social media platform and ideally how to use publishing (e.g. Hootsuite) and social media analytics platforms.
- SEO knowledge. You know the principles behind search engine optimization.
- Content management systems. You have a working understanding of content management systems such as Drupal, Wordpress and ExpressionEngine.
- Data-driven. You have experience utilising data from across the business to drive insights and better decision making. In particular, you have an understanding of Google Analytics.
- Team player. You reach out to peers and cooperate with supervisors to establish and overall collaborative working relationship.
- Good communicator.You speak and write clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative.
- Organised. You plan, organise, schedule, and budget in an efficient, productive manner. You focus on key priorities.
- Flexible / adaptable. You adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. You cope effectively with complexity and change.
- You are able to structure and process qualitative and quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. You exhibit a probing mind and achieve deep insights.
- Negotiation. You are able to successfully negotiate timelines, rates, contracts and expectations.
- Highly attentive to detail. You do not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Enthusiastic. You exhibit passion and excitement over work. You have a can-do attitude.
Health and safety first
These are unprecedented times and because our people couldn’t be more important to us, health and safety couldn’t be more important to us. We’ve made sure that our office is a safe place to work and we’ll continue to do so, to ensure that we combat the spread of COVID-19.
Benefits as big as our ambitions — huge
At Ozow, first and foremost, you’ll get to do meaningful work and grow your career. But we’re also not your average 9-5 company. We work together and play together and because we really care, we offer plenty of perks too.
Some of the things to look forward to:
Fitness challenges and healthy eating. Medical and Life insurance plans. Be the hero or toast the hero of the month at first-Friday drinks. Take half a day off from work on your birthday and let us celebrate this special day with you by giving you a little spoil. Your family is our family, they to get spoils and get to join us on special events. Our holistic wellness program will give you access to a toll-free confidential telephonic counselling line which is available in all 11 languages, 365 days a year. We thrive on seeing our team members grow by creating a learning culture. There is so much more where this came from, but enough to get you excited.
Convinced? We thought so.
If we seem like the kind of forward-thinking, progress-making, energetic company you’ve been waiting for, give us a shout. We’d love to hear from you.