Ozow is the future of payment — a world-class payment platform for customers and merchants that is Ozow easy, Ozow fast and Ozow secure. With benefits as big as our ambitions, we’re looking for candidates who can inspire us and be inspired by us. We’re striving to become the industry leader that provides the simplest and easiest way to pay. And while we’re on our way to building an inclusive payments market, we’re building an equally inclusive workforce. So, join us as we achieve big things and beyond.
More about this Ozow fantastic position
As the Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) at Ozow you will help set and translate the company’s strategy into the commercial success of the business. The CCO will report to the CEO and will lead the sales and account management teams in drafting, implementing and evaluating cross-functional decisions that will enable the company to achieve its long-term objectives.
In this role, you will be expected to have a combination of technical solution selling skills with strong marketing, relationship building, and business development abilities. The CCO will take ownership of the customer interface with our product and service offering, making sure that all functions of the organisation are aligned to meet its strategic commercial objectives.
You are an ideal candidate if:
- You have 10+ years of relevant experience with a minimum of 5 years in a scaling organisation.
- You have an excellent understanding of the digital landscape and payment sector and are therefore able to identify new product opportunities while working directly with customers to position Ozow as the partner of choice.
- You have a strong commercial background involving marketing, direct sales, sales, channel management, account management, contract negotiation (experience of licensing is a bonus), and development of pricing strategies.
- You have a proven track record of growing sales margins and market share, including successfully launching new products and building profitable income streams.
- You have an established global network and background in launching products in Ozow’s target markets.
- You have a willingness to travel internationally.
- You have successfully raised capital through multiple series funding rounds.
- You have proven experience leading, driving, and executing on merger and acquisition aims.
- You have a network of A-players who you can recruit into the business. This will require experience in a senior commercial capacity and the ability to drive team members to achieve success against their objectives.
Your roles and responsibilities:
- Serving as a member of the executive team and be an architect of the company’s strategy. You will be key in developing and driving business development and execution of the commercialisation strategy, to contribute to a scalable business. Including, providing financial and revenue support to the rest of the company’s team of executives.
- Constantly tracking and keeping abreast of industry movements to develop the most effective business plans and establish realistic and meaningful KPIs. Including, taking a global perspective on market opportunities and lead in the assessment and prioritisation of geographic as well as digital payment market segments.
- Building a commercialisation infrastructure and organisation to drive market adoption of the company’s product(s) and be responsible for revenue growth within the organisation.
- Leading, hiring, motivating, and directing the sales and account management teams to translate the company's strategy into results.
- Implementing and maintaining sales and account management processes designed to achieve business objectives.
- Supporting the CEO and other stakeholders to raise capital to scale the business where applicable.
- Working in close partnership with the CEO and other stakeholders to assist with the merger and acquisition efforts of the business.
- Driving the Ozow culture and values across the business. You will align the commercial department’s values while inspiring confidence and generating excitement, enthusiasm, and commitment towards the mission.
Your skills and competencies:
- Team player. You are able to work well with all teams, including the technical team to prioritise projects and accelerate time to market for new products.
- Honest and have integrity. You do not cut corners ethically. You earn trust and maintain the confidence of clients and team members.
- Strategic in your thinking/visionary. You can see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. You determine opportunities and threats through a comprehensive analysis of current and future trends.
- Innovative. You generate new and innovative approaches to problems.
- Entrepreneurial. You have experience creating new value within the business.
- Data-driven. You have experience utilising data from across the business to drive insights and better decision making.
- Digitally competent. You are aware of the most relevant or common technologies and can decide upon the most appropriate technology according to the purpose or need at hand.
- A good listener. You let others speak and seek to understand their viewpoints.
- Assertive. You move quickly and take a forceful stand without being overly abrasive.
- Open to criticism and ideas. You often solicit feedback and react calmly to criticism or negative feedback
- Persuasive. You are able to convince others to pursue a course of action.
Health and safety first
These are unprecedented times and because our people couldn’t be more important to us, health and safety couldn’t be more important to us. We’ve made sure that our office is a safe place to work and we’ll continue to do so, to ensure that we combat the spread of COVID-19.
Benefits as big as our ambitions — huge
At Ozow, first and foremost, you’ll get to do meaningful work and grow your career. But we’re also not your average 9-5 company. We work together and play together and because we really care, we offer plenty of perks too.
Some of the things to look forward to:
Fitness challenges and healthy eating. Medical and Life insurance plans. Be the hero or toast the hero of the month at first-Friday drinks. Take half a day off from work on your birthday and let us celebrate this special day with you by giving you a little spoil. Your family is our family, they to get spoils and get to join us on special events. Our holistic wellness program will give you access to a toll-free confidential telephonic counselling line which is available in all 11 languages, 365 days a year. We thrive on seeing our team members grow by creating a learning culture. There is so much more where this came from, but enough to get you excited.
Convinced? We thought so.
If we seem like the kind of forward-thinking, progress-making, energetic company you’ve been waiting for, give us a shout. We’d love to hear from you.