Ozow is the future of payment — a world-class payment platform for customers and merchants that is Ozow easy, Ozow fast and Ozow secure. With benefits as big as our ambitions, we’re looking for candidates who can inspire us and be inspired by us. We’re striving to become the industry leader that provides the simplest and easiest way to pay. And while we’re on our way to building an inclusive payments market, we’re building an equally inclusive workforce. So, join us as we achieve big things and beyond.
More about this Ozow fantastic position
As a Business Continuity Specialist at Ozow, you will be responsible for ensuring compliance with regulatory and industry mandates of ISO27001, PCI-DSS, SOX, GDPR, POPIA, CCPA, and others as they pertain to the information technology and business components of the company.
You are an ideal candidate if you have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information management, or related field.
- Familiarity with cloud-based environments and technologies with associated auditing technologies.
- A proven track record of 5+ years of experience in information security compliance, audit or risk management role, with hands-on experience in a multitude of compliance initiatives including but not limited to:
- NIST (CSF & RMF)
- EU-GDPRSSAE-16 [SOC-1 and SOC-2]
Your roles and responsibilities:
- Leading and facilitating compliance with PCI-DSS and ISO27001.
- Ensuring that all policy controls are implemented, documented, and monitored through the course of the year.
- Establishing processes to support the controls and ensure that control self-assessments are conducted promptly with required completeness and accuracy.
- Support the implementation of processes and controls to ensure the company's compliance with other regulatory and industry mandates such as GDPR and POPIA.
- Identifying and validating critical controls to address IT and business risks and work with various teams to address identified deficiencies.
- Participating in audits of third parties such as vendors, services providers, consulting organizations, etc.
- Assess and monitor international laws and regulations in the payment space, both in Africa and abroad.
- Understand the regulatory environment in operating countries, and be the SME and advisor on the entering of new markets from a compliance perspective.
- Understand the future of banking, the challenges in introducing Open Banking in South Africa, and keeping track of international trends in this area.
- Supporting third-party audits of Ozow’s IT or information security programs.
- Facilitating assessments and audits by internal and external auditors and assessors.
- Ensuring that appropriate documentation in the form of policies, standards, and procedures is created and managed to support the various security, compliance, and audit requirements.
- Providing guidance and support to IT and business to ensure continued compliance with the various mandates.
- Endorsing and supporting a compliance culture whereby employees are encouraged to seek clarifications and support for the company's compliance initiatives.
Your skills and competencies:
- Analytical. You are able to structure and process qualitative and quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. You exhibit a probing mind and achieve deep insights.
- Highly attentive to detail. You do not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Follow-through on commitments. You live up to verbal and written agreements, regardless of personal cost.
- Efficient. You are able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Team player. You reach out to peers and cooperate with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Flexible / adaptable. You adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. You cope effectively with complexity and change.
- Enthusiastic. You exhibit passion and excitement over work. You have a can-do attitude.
Health and safety first
These are unprecedented times and because our people couldn’t be more important to us, health and safety couldn’t be more important to us. We’ve made sure that our office is a safe place to work and we’ll continue to do so, to ensure that we combat the spread of COVID-19.
Benefits as big as our ambitions — huge
At Ozow, first and foremost, you’ll get to do meaningful work and grow your career. But we’re also not your average 9-5 company. We work together and play together and because we really care, we offer plenty of perks too.
Some of the things to look forward to:
Fitness challenges and healthy eating. Medical and Life insurance plans. Be the hero or toast the hero of the month at first-Friday drinks. Take half a day off from work on your birthday and let us celebrate this special day with you by giving you a little spoil. Your family is our family, they to get spoils and get to join us on special events. Our holistic wellness program will give you access to a toll-free confidential telephonic counselling line which is available in all 11 languages, 365 days a year. We thrive on seeing our team members grow by creating a learning culture. There is so much more where this came from, but enough to get you excited.
Convinced? We thought so.
If we seem like the kind of forward-thinking, progress-making, energetic company you’ve been waiting for, give us a shout. We’d love to hear from you.